Don’t Give Up
This is probably my 6th attempt to create something this past weekend.
I had a saxon cable shrug on the needles, but after a hiatus, whilst I completed the Pulmonaria Shawl for a friend, I had lost my place and I had also lost interest. So it was frogged into two large balls of bulky yarn.
I also had a work in progress tunisian crochet smock stitch “something”, which was also frogged. I do like the smock stitch and tried to start a smock stitch blanket, but it was soon dismissed after I got a little bored and discouraged at starting all over again.
So that yarn (a nice cotton yarn), was rolled into another ball and is now on the needles as a hat. I am in the process of trying to make myself a nice smock stitch hat and eventually a cowl to match. Just trying to get it started was tough. It’s a thinner yarn so I’m using size 5 needles with 132 stitch long tail cast on. I have a big head.
We’ll see how it goes and I may just put the pattern on the blog if it turns out okay.
The bulky yarn will probably end up being a blanket later… and I’m also expecting some nice mohair yarn and beads for something new. Yay!